Cake crumbs mixed with buttercream frosting and dunked them in melted chocolate is an easy Halloween treat with zero tricks. Promise!
- China Bag Factory: Manufacture of Non Woven Bag, Canvas Bag, Nylon Bag..... www.Bag-Factory.com.hk
- Halloween Contacts Under $10: 500+ Colored Contacts and Halloween Contacts, Worldwide Shipping, Buy Now;
- Meet Quality Singles: 100% Free Online Dating Site To Meet Flirty Singles Online-Dating-Free.com
Coconut oil (1 Tbsp per 8 oz candy melts)*
Silicone cake pop molds
Wooden craft sticks
Corn syrup, red gel food coloring, and fondant, for decorating
- In large bowl, combine cake crumbs and frosting.
- To decorate: Working in batches, in medium bowl, melt 8 oz candy melts with 1 Tbsp coconut oil in microwave at 50% power in 30-sec. increments until melted and smooth. Place two-thirds of chocolate in second bowl and microwave at 50% power in 30-sec. increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Add remaining chocolate, stirring until melted. Working 1 at a time, spoon 1 Tbsp melted chocolate or candy melts into each pop mold and use back of spoon to evenly coat sides, allowing excess to pool evenly in center. Refrigerate until firm, about 5 min. Push wooden craft sticks partially into molds and coat sides with chocolate or melts again. Let set.
- Remove sticks. Fill each pop with 1 Tbsp cake mix, leaving gap between top of mold, then gently push sticks back in. Spoon over an additional 1 Tbsp melted chocolate or candy melts, and use small offset spatula to smooth and scrape away any excess. Refrigerate until firmly set, about 5 min. Gently remove each pop, pushing stick through mold and further into pop once it is fully removed. Repeat steps to make 16 pops.
- For blood: In small bowl, combine 1 tsp corn syrup with few drops red gel food coloring. Place cake pops on large piece of parchment paper. Use wooden skewer to splatter onto finished cake pops.
- For skeleton hand: Lightly dust silicone skeleton hand mold** with cornstarch. Press fondant into cavities, then take small rolling pin and roll back and forth over fondant until excess is removed. Carefully remove fingers one at a time. Use a little melted chocolate to adhere to cake pop.
- For chocolate spiders: Make piping bag. Starting with large sheet of parchment paper, fold one corner over until edges line up to make a triangle. Cut off and discard excess. With folded side toward you, take bottom right corner up to meet top point of triangle, curling paper inward to line up. Holding points together with one hand, use other hand to wrap final point around to meet points. Fold points into piping bag.
- Fill bag no more than halfway with melted chocolate and fold down open end to seal. Cut small point off bottom of piping tip and pipe spiders directly onto pops.
*You do not need coconut oil for the dark chocolate version